Description: CochraneTel is currently seeking a full-time (52-week contract) Tourism/Community Channel Program Director to help develop its Tourism/Community Channel. Candidate requires a wide variety of experience and must be very hands-on in all functional areas including program scheduling, graphic design, content management software, information/news feeds, end-to-end production, and business development. Furthermore, public relations are also an asset. Acting as a single point of contact for the channel, the individual will stay informed of local events, build production calendars, shoot and produce video content, and create/post the final shows on the Tourism/Community Channel. Candidates must thrive working unconventional hours in a fast-paced environment, be flexible and a multidimensional self-starter.
• Promote tourism within the community.
• Produce high quality television programs including live event coverage as well as studio and field-based shows. Number of hours of new video content from end-to-end in final format each week will be determined.
• Establish and nurture contacts within the community in order to engage them in the development of relevant and timely local programming. Cover local events with integrity, accuracy and credibility.
• Produce high quality promos for each production and provide the necessary information for the promotion and publicity of these programs.
• Develop and maintain full knowledge of the available production equipment
• Cultivate positive working relations with internal and external customers.
• Attend and contribute to regular production meetings.
• Perform all required administrative duties including the preparation of a monthly report.
• Graduate of a broadcasting or journalism program (within the last 3 years)
• Must not have previously participated in an internship program and this being first full-time employment.
• Attention to detail and accuracy, as well as excellent time management/organizational skills.
• Excellent editorial judgment and production skills.
• Initiative, responsibility and creativity.
• A solid understanding of community television operations, including technical producing, especially mobile and event coverage.
• A technical proficiency or basic knowledge of necessary software.
• Strong communication skills, (English and French) and interpersonal/ public relations skills
• Ability to work under stress, handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
• Valid class G license with excellent driving and workplace safety records.
• Must be able to work shifts, including evenings and weekends.
Starting Date: To be determined following completion of posting process and interviews.
Compensation: To be determined based on experience.
Interested individuals possessing qualifications are invited to submit their résumé in a sealed envelope, detailing related education, experience and qualifications, no later than Friday June 14th, 2019 by 4:00pm to:
Roxanne DesRoches, Office Manager
Cochrane Telecom Services of the Corporation of the Town of Cochrane
153 6th Avenue,
Cochrane, ON P0L 1C0
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
THIS OPPORTUNITY IS PROUDLY SUPPORTED BY: